Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Importance of Nutrition





There have been several times during my weight loss journey that I have fallen off of the good nutrition wagon.  I felt that if I was exercising enough what I was eating didn't matter.  I always try to make it a point to eat fairly clean and healthy but I do have a major problem with portion control.  I have learned the hard way that what you put into your body affects the scale more than the activity you are doing in the gym.  I could go workout for 2 hours only to come home and have a protein shake, fruit, and maybe a snack with my son and gain back all of the calories I just worked so hard to burn.

I have now begun to realize that I have to track how many calories I take in each day as well as how many I burn in a workout to be successful.  I tried being more laid back because I felt slightly OCD writing down every thing I eat but this is how I can manage my weight and prevent future weight gain.  

Even though the point of my posts is to try new workouts I will also focus on nutrition and the importance of what goes into my body.  

How do you find the balance between food and exercise and how has that helped your weight loss success?

No comments:

Post a Comment